The Invensys Operations Management relationship with Microsoft began in 1987 when Wonderware, a subsidiary of Invensys, developed the first industrial human-machine interface based on the Microsoft Windows platform. Since then, Invensys has remained dedicated to providing robust, easy-to-use industrial software based on Microsoft technology.
Key Co-Innovation Milestones
- 1987: 1st HMI/SCADA on Windows
- 1992: Microsoft incorporates Wonderware NetDDE technology into Windows 3.1
- 1997: 1st to embed SQL into Historian
- 2000: 1st to introduce Internet Information Server into industrial applications
- 2003: Strategic Alliance and Microsoft investment with Invensys plc
- 2004: Embedded SharePoint Server
- 2005: Embedded BizTalk Server
- 2005: Gold Certified Partner
- 2007: Vista Capabilities
- 2010: Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2 Support
- 2010: Hyper-V Support
- 2010: Silverlight embedded in Information Server and ArchestrA
Microsoft provides Invensys Operations Management with architectural guidance, development and technical support, product roadmap coordination and scalability testing of Invensys software solutions. In turn, Invensys provides feedback on features needed for manufacturing and the suitability of certain system features and functions for the manufacturing market. The result is high-quality software coordinated with the Microsoft development roadmap, conceived to work on and thoroughly tested with Microsoft software.
In October 2003, Microsoft selected Wonderware and its parent company, Invensys plc, to participate in an exclusive partnership alliance program structured around technology acceleration and joint go-to-market strategy. The three year program was met with tremendous success, exceeding target expectations by twenty percent and doubling Microsoft’s pull through revenue.
This strong alliance continues to drive a new generation of Invensys solutions that provide manufacturers with real-time visibility into their plant environments and supply chains. Together, Microsoft and Invensys have been investing in resources to optimize the development of Invensys applications, systems and solutions by building those systems utilizing Microsoft technologies. Microsoft and Invensys field marketing and sales resources have also joined forces to deliver best of breed solutions to manufacturing customers in various industries, including Hydrocarbon Processing, Power and Upstream Oil & Gas.